Information We Collect
We may obtain personal information about you from various sources. We may collect this information when you provide it at our salon, on our website, via our social media pages, or at one of our events. When you visit this site or our social media pages we may also collect certain information about your device or usage by automated means, including using technologies such as cookies, web server logs and web beacons.
Information You Provide
You may choose to provide personal information to us in a number of ways, such as when you participate in an offer or promotion when you make a purchase on our site or in our salon, or via our social media pages. The types of personal information you may provide to us includes:
- Contact information (such as name, postal address, email address, and mobile or another phone number)
- Age and date of birth
- Username and password, nickname/screen name
- Payment information (such as your payment card number, expiration date, delivery address, and billing address)
- Purchase history
- Product preferences
- Your physical characteristics and/or haircare concerns
- Contact information for friends or other people you would like us to contact
- The content you provide (such as photographs, videos, reviews, articles, survey responses, and comments)
- Information provided to us through social media networks when you visit our social media page (such as your name, profile picture, likes, location, friend list and other information described on the social media network or shop sign-up page.
How We Use the Information
We may use the information you provide to:
- Send you promotional materials or other communications
- Provide services to you
- Process your payment card and/or gift card transactions
- Create and manage your online account, including access to your online purchase history
- Assist with product selection and replenishment through our customer registry
- Respond to your inquiries
- Tailor ads displayed to you on our site and elsewhere to your interests and history with us
- Communicate with you about, and administer your participation in, special events, contests, sweepstakes, programs, surveys, and other offers
- Operate and communicate with you about our social network pages
- Operate, evaluate and improve our business (including developing new products and services; managing our communications; analyzing our products; performing data analytics; and performing accounting, auditing, and other internal functions)
- Comply with applicable legal requirements, relevant industry standards, and our policies
We also may use the information in other ways for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection.
Information We Collect by Automated Means
When you visit this site, view or click on our online advertisements, or visit our social media page we also collect certain information about your usage or device by automated means or by using technologies such as cookies, web server logs and web beacons. For example, if you visit our website, we may collect your IP address, your unique device identifier (or other device identifiers) and/or geo-location data in order to offer you certain promotions. As set forth in more detail below, we may also collect information about your usage and browsing habits using various web-based technologies.
Technologies We Use
Cookies, Web Server Logs and Web Beacons
Cookies are small text files that websites send to your computer or other Internet-connected devices to uniquely identify your browser or to store information or settings in your browser. Your browser may tell you how to be notified when you receive certain types of cookies and how to restrict or disable certain cookies. Please note, however, that without cookies you may not be able to use all of the features of our website.
In conjunction with obtaining information through cookies, our web servers may log details such as your operating system type, browser type, domain, and other system settings, as well as the language your system uses and the country and time zone in which your device is located. The web server logs also may record information such as the address of the web page that linked you to our site and the IP address of the device you use to connect to the Internet.
To control which web servers collect this information, we may place tags on our web pages called “web beacons.” These are computer instructions that link web pages to particular web servers and their cookies.
Third Party Web Analytics Services
We may use third party web analytics services on this site or our social network pages such as Google Analytics. The service providers that administer these services use technologies such as cookies, web server logs and web beacons to help us analyze how visitors use the site. The information collected through these means (including IP address) is disclosed to these service providers, who use the information to evaluate use of the website. You may deactivate the ability of these analytics services to analyze your browsing activities on this site. To learn more about web analytics services, and exercise your choice with respect to their collection of information on this site:
- To disable Google Analytics, please download the browser add-on for the deactivation of Google Analytics provided by Google, available here.
- To learn more about privacy and Google Analytics please consult the Google Analytics overview.
How We Use the Information Collected by Automated Means
We may use the information collected through automated means on this site for market research, data analytics and system administration purposes, such as to determine whether you’ve visited us before or are new to the site, to tailor ads displayed to you on our site and elsewhere and for compliance with our legal obligations, policies, and procedures, including compliance with relevant industry standards and the enforcement of our Terms and Conditions. We also may use the information in other ways for which specific notice is provided at the time of collection.
California Do Not Track Notice
Under California law, website and online service operators are required to disclose how they respond to web browser “do not track” signals or other similar mechanisms that provide consumers the ability to exercise choice regarding the collection of personal information about a consumer’s online activities over time and across third party websites. We currently do not change our tracking practices in response to “do-not-track” signals or other similar mechanisms. California law also requires a website and online service operators to disclose whether third parties may collect personal information about their users’ online activities over time and across different sites when the users use the operator’s website or service. Third parties that have content or services on our site such as a social feature, analytics service, or an advertising network partner, may obtain information about your browsing or usage habits but this information does not include personal information. These third parties do not change their tracking practices in response to “do-not-track” signals from your web browser and we do not obligate these parties to honor “do-not-track” signals. To learn more about browser tracking signals and “Do Not Track,” please visit http://allaboutdnt.org.
Information We Share
We do not sell or otherwise disclose personal information we collect about you, except as described here. We may share your personal information with:
- Third party service providers who perform services on our behalf based on our instructions. We do not authorize these service providers to use or disclose the information except as necessary to perform services on our behalf or comply with legal requirements. Examples of these service providers include entities that process credit card payments, fulfill orders, and provide web hosting, advertising, and marketing services.
In addition, we may disclose information about you (i) if we are required to do so by law or legal process, (ii) to law enforcement authorities or other government officials, or (iii) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss, or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual fraudulent or illegal activity.
Your Rights and Choices
We offer you certain choices in connection with the personal information we collect from you, such as how we use the information and how we communicate with you. To update your preferences, ask us to remove your information from our mailing lists or submit a request, please contact us in the manner specified below.
You can at any time tell us not to send you marketing communications by email by clicking on the unsubscribe link within the marketing emails you receive from us or by contacting us as indicated below.
You may withdraw any consent you previously provided to us, or object at any time on legitimate grounds, to the processing of your personal information. We will apply your preferences going forward. In some circumstances, withdrawing your consent to our use or disclosure of your personal information will mean that you cannot take advantage of some of our products or services.
Reviewing, Updating and Modifying Personal Information
Subject to applicable law, you may have the right to request access to and receive details about the personal information we maintain about you, update and correct inaccuracies in your personal data, and have the information blocked or deleted, as appropriate. The right to access personal information may be limited in some circumstances by local law requirements. We may take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access or making corrections. You may request to review, change or delete your personal information by sending an email to email@example.com.
If you are under thirteen years of age, you may browse our site. However, you may not provide personal information to us. This site is not directed to children under the age of thirteen and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of thirteen on the site. If we become aware that we have inadvertently received personal information from a visitor under the age of thirteen on the site, we will delete the information from our records.
How We Protect Personal Information
We maintain appropriate administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect the personal information you provide against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use. However, no security system is perfect and we cannot promise that information about you will remain secure in all circumstances, including the security of your data during transmission to us.
Links To Other Websites
Our website may provide links to other websites for your convenience and information. These websites may operate independently from us. Linked sites may have their own privacy notices or policies, which we strongly suggest you review if you visit any linked websites. To the extent any linked websites you visit are not owned or controlled by us, we are not responsible for the sites’ content, any use of the sites, or the privacy practices of the sites.
How To Contact Us
If we need or are required, to contact you concerning any event that involves your personal information we may do so by email or telephone.